To ensure that all items/goods are being accounted for, Procurement Unit (PU) has to undertake the following stePU:
1. DAILY REQUISITION
(1) Print the “Purchase Order Detail Report” daily at 5.00 p.m. for BB1, BB2 and other RPP’s for:
All items type (stock, non-stock, fixed assets and services)
All items category (engineering, stationery)
(2) Sort the Purchase Order (PO) in sequence of PO number (for both BB1 and BB2) irrespective of the type of goods to be purchased and irrespective of the originator i.e. BB1 or BB2.
(3) Check the “Purchase Order Detail Report” against the Received Register and Stock/Non-Stock/Fixed Assets/Service & Repair Register to ensure the records of PO tally with detail in the Registers. This will ensure that PO had been issued for all purchase requisitions received.
(4) Sign on the “Purchase Order Detail Report” and the registers.
(5) Forward a copy of the signed “Purchase Order Detail Report” to Store Section for future reference and to be filed for the department safekeeping.
2. FOLLOW-UP WITH SUPPLIER
a) 1-MONTH PRIOR TO THE EXPIRY OF PURCHASE ORDER
(1) Print the Purchase Order Report (Summary), backdated to 2 months e.g. if today is 29 September 2004, Procurement Executive (PE) is to print the report backdated to 2 previous months i.e. 28 July 2004.
(2) Run through the PO Report and identify those outstanding for more than 2 months. Extract the PO for follow-up.
(3) Request the supplier to deliver the goods/services/products before the PO expired.
(4) Sign on the PO Report to indicate follow-up conducted and file.
b) UPON PURCHASE ORDER EXPIRED AND CANCELLED
(1) Print the PO Report (Summary), backdated to 3 months e.g. if today is 29 September 2004, PE is to print the report backdated to 2 previous months i.e. 28 June 2004.
(2) Run through the PO Report and identify those outstanding for 3 months or more. Extract the PO. PO is only valid for 3 months.
(3) Cancel the expired PO first before issuing new PO.
(4) Using the Integrated Financial Accounting System (IFAS), go to “PO Forced Completion Menu”. PE is given the ‘access level’ to execute the cancel function.
(5) Key-in the reason for cancellation and confirm by pressing “Enter” key.
(6) Stamped “CANCELLED” on the expired PO and sign.
(7) Create a new PO number using the earlier Purchase Requisition Form (PRQ) when issuing the expired PO. New PO is issued in triplicate (3 copies).
(8) Follow the issuance of PO process, outlined in the respective section of this manual.
PROCUREMENT UNIT (cont’)
(9) Write the new PO number and date of issuance on the expired PO (previous PO) and sign.
(10) Notify the supplier(s) of the new re-issued PO through telephone and fax the new PO immediately.
(11) Send a copy of the new re-issued PO to the supplier(s) and the other 2 copies are for filing.
(12) The cancelled expired PO is then filed for references.